The purpose of a chapter includes, among other things:
Providing a base upon which to organize alumni activities that mutually benefit WCU alumni, local communities and West Chester University.
- Enabling alumni to renew and sustain WCU friendships.
- Offering WCU graduates an opportunity to work together on behalf of the University.
- Enabling alumni to properly promote the University to the community.
- Attracting top students to West Chester University.
- Providing an opportunity for leadership training for alumni interested in assisting the University as volunteers.
A Chapter may be authorized whenever at least 10 members of the West Chester University Alumni Association are interested in forming one. The Bylaws of a proposed Chapter must be approved by the Association’s Board of Directors prior to chapter recognition. Any alumni group meeting together, but not interested in a formal structure and adherence to the standards established for Chapters, shall be designated as a Club.
To learn more about starting a chapter or club, please call Alumni Relations Director, Tracey Dukert, Chapter Development Chair, Tommye Grant ’67.